Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Experiment 1

Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011-Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Time: roughly 9:30pm-5:30am

Supplies:
  • single sheet of paper with classic Operator Symbol drawn on it in ink
  • tape
  • wall
Steps:
  1. tape Operator Symbol to wall
  2. go to sleep
  3. observe results in the morning and/or if woken up
Hoped-for results:
  • to keep TDF at bay
  • to get a good night's sleep
What actually happened:
I had an uninterrupted, peaceful night. However, I awoke in the morning to the smell of burned paper. The Operator Symbol had been burned to a crisp without setting any fire alarms off. Especially concerning because, since I am deathly afraid of fire, I have several smoke alarms installed in my bedroom.

Conclusion:
I will not be putting up an Operator Symbol again except perhaps in a dire situation.

Other notes:
I have had uninterrupted sleep except for the occasional nightmare (and of course that week of terror) since the experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment